Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feline Magnet

I have been allergic to cats for as long as I can remember. The pet dander makes my eyes itchy & watery and I get sneezy & asthmatic. For this reason, I steer clear of them as much as possible. For this reason, they seem to be attracted to me. The more I try to avoid them, the more determined they become to befriend me.

Case in point:
I've noticed a cat hanging around our home. I've spotted him several times darting from our backyard as I pull into the driveway. Apparently his boldness has increased because this morning I awoke to find him lounging on our patio. When I approached the window he lazily cocked his head in my direction as if to say, "Oh, you're finally up. Be a dear and fetch me a warm bowl of milk. And make it whole milk."

When Jonathan (AKA "the pet whisperer") opened the door to join the cat, he sprang to his feet and tried to slip into the house between Johnny's legs. Brazen! Jonathan informed me that the cat belongs to our neighbors down the street and whenever they leave the house he roams the neighborhood. He's chosen our place as a weekend getaway.

No comments: