Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blueberries....Yum!

I went blueberry picking with a friend this morning which turned into a girls day out. We didn't do anything special aside from the blueberries. We just ended up running errands together and didn't get home until around 5pm. I was left thinking about how pleasant it is to just share life with people. I tend to be a person who can get caught up in tasks and ignore people in the process (yes, even my own family has fallen victim at times). Today was a healthy reminder that I don't have to give up the tasks (they inevitably have to be done) just shift focus and make the task an opportunity for relationship.

Hey boys, want to do the laundry together?

2 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Yay to a girls day out! Lov ya Zo

Ralph G said...

".....how pleasent it is to just share life with friends". I know what you mean....I miss the good old days ...Ralph