Thursday, December 31, 2009

Signs of Aging

This morning we woke up early to drop off our car at the mechanic's for the annual mandatory inspection before tag renewal. Since we've been on holiday schedule, my brain was not cooperating with my body in responding to the alarm and getting ready. Somehow my body managed to get up, take a shower, and put clothes on while the brain hit the snooze button laying on the pillow warm and fast asleep as we left the house.

Jonathan, being the 11 year old independent that he is, has taken to modifying his store bought clothing to express his unique style by cutting holes in his long sleeve shirts at the inside wrists so he can slip his thumbs through. At this point you're wondering whether I've mistakenly combined two posts and confirmed the title in an unintentional way. No, this is all very intentional.

As we are pulling into the mechanics I notice my sleeves are unusually short. Yet another layering tee lost to dryer shrinkage. But wait, what are these holes in the sleeves?


















People! I can fit my son's clothes! Now I feel old and old!

But I think he may be onto something with these sleeve holes. It's like having gloves connected to your shirt. Hmmm....