Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Perspective: Ridiculous!

I go to put on my make-up and discover someone has been in my drawer. My eyeshadow has distinct gouges in the pressed powder and the drawer is in disarray.  If I had toddlers this would be understandable but the youngest in the house is 10 YEARS OLD! Aren't we over this yet? (HUFF!) 

"JONATHAN! GET UP HERE NOW!"

"Yeah, mom."

"Did you touch my make-up and make this mess?"

"Yes."

(HUUUUFFFF!) "Jonathan, you know you're not supposed to touch this now CLEAN IT UP! And unless you have the money to replace what you destroy, DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN! You're too old for this! When are you going to learn? What are you smiling about? This isn't funny! "

As he leaves, I glance in the mirror.  I didn't realize this before in my anger and frustration but somehow I'd managed to get charcoal gray shadow on my nose. RIDICULOUS! 

Life Lesson: Look in the mirror before you go off on someone.

2 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Thank you Denise,this gave me a good laugh, mostly because it is problay something I would do! Lov ya Zo

jennie said...

that is hilarious!