Friday, September 26, 2008

Worship Conference

Last weekend the worship team headed up to CC Stone Mountain for the annual "Deep South Worship Conference". It was some much needed hang out time for the team as well as good time of refueling for ministry. I taught a workshop on background vocals entitled "Every Worship Leader's Dream Vocalist". I had to hit the books to make sure I'd be giving them good and accurate tips in vocal training since I'm a little rusty on technique! Props to all the BGV's out there-it's a lot harder to sing good backup than lead!

I also got to sing with Scott Cunnigham which was "the bomb" (as my husband would say). The guy's got pipes and pen! I'd never heard him live before but he is definitely anointed of God. Josh Blevins is our local Psalmist at CCSM and we got to hear some of his new songs, too. Rich stuff!

To quote Dillon, "I love my ladies!"

Bass & Drums like Steak & Potatoes: they're better together

1 comment:

jennie said...

looks like you guys had a great time! i wish i could've sat in on your workshop :)