Saturday, September 27, 2008

Theme Parties Are All The Rage

Tonight we attended a 40th b-day party for a friend. Not just any run of the mill party, mind you, this was an 80's party. So, Manny and I hit Goodwill to see if we could find some hip threads. We could have stopped by Target seeing as fashion has come full circle and we can once again pay full price for stirrup leggings and leg warmers but I figured, "Why not be authentic?" Besides, the current trends are cheap imitations of the glory days.

Our commitment to authenticity paid off big time. Manny and I not only found coordinating outfits but something magical. When we put on our outfits it was as if the previous owner's persona had remained in the nylon/poly/cotton blend. We were transformed into Guido & Francesca, the Sicilian couple from New York. Baddabing!

We even found the perfect gift for the birthday girl: VHS copies (remember those?) of Miami Vice and ET. SCORE!

It was a fun night which had me reminiscing, as Cindy Lauper played in the background, about my pre-teen days with big bangs, Revlon Silver City Pink lipstick, tube socks, jelly shoes, and press-on nails. Those were the days...



Guido & Francesca


I've still got the teased bang skills thanks to Aquanet!

4 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Oh wow... Denise you look fanntastic n manny looks straight outta Soprano's.... Glad you too had tons of fun...Lov ZO

stacia said...

reminds me of the days when we went to camps at twin peaks. you would put on the green eyeliner with the blue eyeliner. so glad the 80's aren't really coming back, or should i say fully coming back?

CollazoCrew said...

It wasn't just eyeliner, I had matching mascara too...I found my shade of lipstick is still available at the drugstore. Apparantly it's a classic.

The Phillips Family said...

Crazy! You and Guido are part the matching pair! Looks like a lot of fun! - Kelly